Posts Tagged ‘anti-aging’
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011
by Kori Ellis
Clarisonic and Tarte Cosmetics have teamed up to create a new set for a flawless eye.
I’m sure you know about the regular Clarisonic skincare system, and now they are introducing the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System.
Using more than 7,500 micro-massages, the Opal gently infuses Anti-Aging Sea Serum beneath the skin’s surface, instantly hydrating, smoothing and brightening the eye area in just one minute. After infusing the eye area with Clarisonic Opal, follow with healthy, nourishing cosmetics from Tarte.
Available exclusively at Sephora.com, this limited-edition set contains:
- Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infuser
- Anti-Aging Sea Serum
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara (0.24 oz.)
- Tarte EmphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner (0.003 oz)
- Tarte Lifted Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol (0.08 oz.)
- Two Replacement Opal Applicator Tips
- Universal Voltage Charger for Opal
- Wristlet Carrying Case
The set is priced at $185 (a $232 value).
Kori Ellis is an editor and writer based in San Antonio, TX, where she lives with her husband and three children. Kori has been published in dozens of magazines, newspapers and websites worldwide, writing about everything from fashion to fantasy sports.
Monday, April 18th, 2011
by Kori Ellis
Stop wrinkles and fine lines before they start with these anti-wrinkle tips and tricks.
Put on oversized sunglasses
A pair of giant, glamorous sunglasses will not only hide tired eyes, they’ll also help fight wrinkles in two ways. First of all, big sunglasses stop you from squinting — which can lead to crow’s feet over time. And secondly, they’ll protect the sensitive skin around your eye area from the sun’s harmful rays and their anti-aging effects.
Workout every day
Exercise isn’t just good for your body, it’s essential for your skin. Exercise increases oxygen production and the release of damaging toxins. If you allow toxins to build up in your skin, even your best anti-aging creams won’t do their job. Exercise will also help reduce stress — another cause of wrinkles.
Are you still smoking? Quit today. Cigarette smoke does serious damage to you skin — as if causing cancer isn’t enough. Reduce your alcohol consumption too. Overindulging in alcoholic beverages puts a strain on your body, dehydrating your skin and accelerating wrinkles.
Pick the right skin care products
Use facial moisturizer and eye cream twice daily. Look for products that contain antioxidants and hyaluronic acid. Read more about the top skin anti-aging ingredients and find out which anti-wrinkle ingredients work best.
More Anti-Aging Advice
Prevent wrinkles with facial massage
Best products to fight wrinkles
Realistic anti-aging tips
Thursday, March 24th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
Summer is around the corner (it is, just ignore the snow/hail some cities got tonight), but as the warmer weather approaches, you’ll want to continue to fight fine lines and winkles, but with lighter skincare formulas. When the heat is on, you don’t want to worry about that lotion or cream you put on in the morning giving you extra shine or melting your makeup off. Here are our picks for anti-aging skincare for the summer, all available starting this month!
- NEUTROGENA Rapid Wrinkle Repair Line: A trio of moisturizers (day, night and an eye cream), that gently delivers the most advanced form of Retinol. Accelerated Retinol SA will smooth wrinkles and diminish the appearance of age spots. Glucose Complex helps to boost the Retinol SA to quickly diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and Hyaluronic Acid moisturizes, replenishes and rejuvenates the look of skin. At $20 each, these products are not only cost-effective, but they’ll deliver results in just one week!
- NEUTROGENA Healthy Skin Firming Cream: A daily firming moisturizer with multi-vitamins, minerals and broad-spectrum SPF 15 (that isn’t a heavy formula), to help protect against daily sun damage ($12).
- NEUTROGENA Healthy Skin Compact Foundation SPF 55 w/ Helioplex: A lightweight cream foundation that provides flawless coverage. The SPF and antioxidant-infused formula helps to protect and nourish skin. Clinically proven to deliver 2.5 times more protection than typical makeup with SPF protection and retain 96% of UVA protection after 5-hours of simulated solar radiation. Functional foundation, we’re sold ($14).
The makers of everyone’s favorite mineral makeup line, bareMinerals, have created a skincare line! The line of cleansers, moisturizers and treatments feature bareMineral’s proprietary miracle ingredient RareMinerals ActiveSoil Complex, which is clinically proven to deliver brighter, younger-looking skin all while providing that coveted glow bareMinerals products are famous for.
- bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Cream for Dry Skin: Improves firmness, elasticity and skin texture while delivering moisture to dry skin. Antioxidants protect skin from the environment leaving skin soft, smooth and luminous ($28).
- bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Cream for Combination Skin: A lightweight moisturizer that hydrates skin while improving firmness, elasticity, radiance and texture. The perfect amount of hydration for combination skin. Protects skin from harsh environmental elements keeping skin healthy and youthful ($28).
The badgals at Benefit also launched a skincare line called B.right Radiant skincare. This collection consists of nine products intended to brighten and rehydrate the skin and includes two facial washes, a facial polish, facial emulsion (with SPF 15), a heavier facial moisturizer, an eye cream, toning lotion, makeup remover and facial mist all of which will be launching in two parts.
- Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion with SPF 15: Uses Tri-Radiance complex to bring hydration to the skin and then helps skin to develop long-term reserves of water for generously moisturized skin. The best part, the complex lacks any oils and includes SPF, perfect for sensitive or acne-prone skin the hydration it needs this spring/summer ($28).
Thursday, February 24th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
New skincare backed by unique, effective ingredients, from the drugstore to the department store and everywhere in between:
AVEENO® Smart Essentials™ is the first line of smart skincare designed to cleanse, nourish, protect and treat stressed skin. This innovative line keeps what’s good for your skin IN – and the bad OUT. Formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® Southernwood, a natural combination of saccharides and polyphenols, to bind water to the skin while infusing it with antioxidants. We found this lotion was perfect for transforming skin into a healthy, energized state, even when life gets crazy. This line includes a Pore Purifying Face Wash, Daily Detoxifying Scrub, Moisturizer with SPF 30, Nighttime Moisture Infusion and an Anti-Fatigue Eye Treatment. Available at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide: www.aveeno.com
RoC® Retinol Correxion® Sensitive is a new gentle, yet effective RETINOL CORREXION® SENSITIVE line is designed specifically for sensitive skin and retinol beginners. For those like myself who have tried to use retinols in the past and have given up due to peeling, sensitive skin, this is for you! The unique formula releases slowly overnight, diminishing fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet with virtually no irritation. 96% of women saw improvement in their skin with no redness or irritation after just one use, according to a clinical study. This line includes a Sensitive Night Cream and Sensitive Eye Cream and is available at drugstores nationwide: www.rocskincare.com.
Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Crème: The latest addition to Peter Thomas Roth’s ridiculously popular and effective Un-Wrinkle line is a powerful blend of nine anti-aging peptides that are infused into this intensive moisturizing cream. The breakthrough new BoNt-L peptide works in synergy with the Un-Wrinkle blend to reduce the depth of fine lines while increasing youthful elasticity and bounce. This luxurious cream nourishes and soothes skin to provide superior moisturization. Skin is left visibly replenished moisturized and looking years younger. Available at Sephora stores nationwide and www.peterthomoasroth.com
H20+ Aquafirm Weekly Active Foam Mask: Finally a mask that you can see and feel working! This mask starts off as a gel but upon contact with your face, turns into a fabulous, frothy foam. The foam tingles and stimulates the skin, delivering a deep surge of hydration, one you can actually feel! The sea-sourced barrier envelops the skin and immediately firms and plumps to get rid of expression lines and creases. The secret ingredients include Marine Microspheres (plump the appearance of fine lines from within), Sea Nutrient Barrier (a fusion of algae and oat extract for an instant lift) and Brown Sea Kelp (protects skin, supports collagen levels). If you use this product once you’ll have smoother skin, and use it once a week for about 5-8 minutes for enviable, young-looking skin, and did I mention it’s fun?! Available at H2O stores nationwide and www.h20plus.com.
Saturday, January 29th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
This winter, while your hands and feet will inevitably remain frozen, did you ever stop to think that perhaps your eye area could benefit from some soothing, cooling treatment? Trust us on this one, once you start using Lumene’s new Time Freeze Eye Perfecting Treatment you’ll be instantly hooked and will wonder how you ever used a regular eye cream for all those years. This instant lift serum contains Resveratrol, a groundbreaking new ingredient that helps prevent aging by promoting firmness and collagen production for long term anti-wrinkle benefits. The other star ingredient in this perfecting treatment is Arctic Heather, which provides short-term benefits like diminishing puffiness, firming skin and reducing fine lines. Together, these ingredients, along with the cool-to-touch formula, provide amazing anti-aging benefits. The product can be used on eyelids in addition to skin around the eye area for a refreshed, wide-awake look any time of the day.
The Eye Perfecting Treatment is a compact, wand applicator that deposits the appropriate amount of product to the eye area and makes it easy to apply quick touch-ups anytime. Stow it in your purse, the car or at your desk for whenever you need instant renewal. Made with over 95% natural ingredients, and paraben-free, the Eye Perfecting Treatment is a natural and effective product, suitable for all skin types. Get ready to chill out by buying this must have AM product today at your local CVS/pharmacy.
For more information on drugstore beauty, check out: Budget Alternatives to your favorite beauty splurges.