By: Erin Brady
Summer is around the corner (it is, just ignore the snow/hail some cities got tonight), but as the warmer weather approaches, you’ll want to continue to fight fine lines and winkles, but with lighter skincare formulas. When the heat is on, you don’t want to worry about that lotion or cream you put on in the morning giving you extra shine or melting your makeup off. Here are our picks for anti-aging skincare for the summer, all available starting this month!
- NEUTROGENA Rapid Wrinkle Repair Line: A trio of moisturizers (day, night and an eye cream), that gently delivers the most advanced form of Retinol. Accelerated Retinol SA will smooth wrinkles and diminish the appearance of age spots. Glucose Complex helps to boost the Retinol SA to quickly diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and Hyaluronic Acid moisturizes, replenishes and rejuvenates the look of skin. At $20 each, these products are not only cost-effective, but they’ll deliver results in just one week!
- NEUTROGENA Healthy Skin Firming Cream: A daily firming moisturizer with multi-vitamins, minerals and broad-spectrum SPF 15 (that isn’t a heavy formula), to help protect against daily sun damage ($12).
- NEUTROGENA Healthy Skin Compact Foundation SPF 55 w/ Helioplex: A lightweight cream foundation that provides flawless coverage. The SPF and antioxidant-infused formula helps to protect and nourish skin. Clinically proven to deliver 2.5 times more protection than typical makeup with SPF protection and retain 96% of UVA protection after 5-hours of simulated solar radiation. Functional foundation, we’re sold ($14).
The makers of everyone’s favorite mineral makeup line, bareMinerals, have created a skincare line! The line of cleansers, moisturizers and treatments feature bareMineral’s proprietary miracle ingredient RareMinerals ActiveSoil Complex, which is clinically proven to deliver brighter, younger-looking skin all while providing that coveted glow bareMinerals products are famous for.
- bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Cream for Dry Skin: Improves firmness, elasticity and skin texture while delivering moisture to dry skin. Antioxidants protect skin from the environment leaving skin soft, smooth and luminous ($28).
- bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Cream for Combination Skin: A lightweight moisturizer that hydrates skin while improving firmness, elasticity, radiance and texture. The perfect amount of hydration for combination skin. Protects skin from harsh environmental elements keeping skin healthy and youthful ($28).
The badgals at Benefit also launched a skincare line called B.right Radiant skincare. This collection consists of nine products intended to brighten and rehydrate the skin and includes two facial washes, a facial polish, facial emulsion (with SPF 15), a heavier facial moisturizer, an eye cream, toning lotion, makeup remover and facial mist all of which will be launching in two parts.
- Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion with SPF 15: Uses Tri-Radiance complex to bring hydration to the skin and then helps skin to develop long-term reserves of water for generously moisturized skin. The best part, the complex lacks any oils and includes SPF, perfect for sensitive or acne-prone skin the hydration it needs this spring/summer ($28).