Posts Tagged ‘moisturize’
Monday, March 21st, 2011
By: Erin Brady
The newest makeup line to hit your local Sephora is called Bite Beauty, founded by Susanne Langmuir. This new, all-natural line offers a variety of products solely for the lips, all infused with the powerful antioxidant resveratol. This line marks the first time that resveratol has been used in lip stains or lipsticks. Resveratol is naturally present in grapes and red wine and it’s both an antioxidant and a potent anti-inflammatory agent all in one. Therefore, these products will protect the delicate lip skin from free radical damage due to sun exposure and pollution, helping with premature aging. You may not think your lips age, but without proper protection they can certainly dry out and get wrinkly, making it hard to use some of your favorite lipsticks, who wants that?! Bite’s products come in hues that range from nude, to plum to vibrant fuchsia and coral and they use only organic shea and fruit butters. Their highly pigmented, long-lasting shades were designed by industry-leading makeup artists. With prices ranging from $18-$36, Bite Beauty offers good-for-you products that are good for your wallet, too. Here are some of the lines best-sellers:
- Luminous Crème Lipstick ($24): Get long-lasting, lush-colored lips with this creamy, antioxidant-rich lipstick—available in 24 shades.
- Lip Shine ($20): Hydrate, illuminate, and condition your lips with this translucent gloss, infused with nourishing jojoba beads.
- Superfruit Butter ($18): This multipurpose mixture contains superfoods that protect, nourish, and moisturize skin, lips, and cuticles
- Vitamin Gel ($18): Give your lips a dose of essential oils and vitamin C with this sheer lip gel, loaded with micronized multivitamins and organic fruit juices.
Bite Beauty products are available exclusively at Sephora.
Friday, March 18th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
Most skincare fanatics have probably used a product with clay at one point in their lives, whether in a mask, face wash or treatment. Now there’s a new kind of clay on the block, called Amazonian Clay, that’s popping up in a number of Tarte cosmetic products, so we wanted to investigate this star ingredient a bit further. Amazonian Clay is extracted from the banks of the Amazon River where the nutrients are at their highest concentration. This so called “perfect” ingredient multitasks by providing the following benefits: removes surface oil to mattify skin, gives skin a smooth and even appearance, hydrates and nourishes skin and reduces the appearance of dryness and flakiness. Tarte’s products that contain Amazonian Clay include:
- Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum: instantly brightens skin and with the help of vitamins and tea extract, moisturizes and replenishes for enviable smooth skin. The healing clay neutralizes any skin issues so you are left with a healthy, radiant complexion. Free of parabens, sulfates, dyes, and chemicals. Available at Sephora for $32.
- Provocateur Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder: adds a subtle glow to reinvigorate dull complexions. This powder can be added minimally for a slight sheen or add lots for enhanced radiance. Free of parabens, sulfates, dyes, and chemicals. Available at Sephora for $30.
- Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush: This nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish for 12-hours. The eight shades are all inspired by Tarte’s best-selling cheek and lip tints, ranging from soft to vivid to suit all skin tones. For oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and balances skin; for those with dry skin, the clay will nourish and hydrate; those with combination skin can rely on its ability to zero in on skin concerns delivering the benefits you need. My three favorite shades are Tipsy (a trendy coral), Blushing Bride (a shimmery plum) and Natural Beauty (a muted strawberry red). The best part is that you can mix and match the shades to create a variety of looks for a dewy glow or intense color. It’s only been a few days and I’m already hooked! This is definitely my fav new spring product. Free of parabens, sulfates, dyes, and chemicals. Available at Sephora for $25.
Thursday, February 24th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
New skincare backed by unique, effective ingredients, from the drugstore to the department store and everywhere in between:
AVEENO® Smart Essentials™ is the first line of smart skincare designed to cleanse, nourish, protect and treat stressed skin. This innovative line keeps what’s good for your skin IN – and the bad OUT. Formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® Southernwood, a natural combination of saccharides and polyphenols, to bind water to the skin while infusing it with antioxidants. We found this lotion was perfect for transforming skin into a healthy, energized state, even when life gets crazy. This line includes a Pore Purifying Face Wash, Daily Detoxifying Scrub, Moisturizer with SPF 30, Nighttime Moisture Infusion and an Anti-Fatigue Eye Treatment. Available at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide: www.aveeno.com
RoC® Retinol Correxion® Sensitive is a new gentle, yet effective RETINOL CORREXION® SENSITIVE line is designed specifically for sensitive skin and retinol beginners. For those like myself who have tried to use retinols in the past and have given up due to peeling, sensitive skin, this is for you! The unique formula releases slowly overnight, diminishing fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet with virtually no irritation. 96% of women saw improvement in their skin with no redness or irritation after just one use, according to a clinical study. This line includes a Sensitive Night Cream and Sensitive Eye Cream and is available at drugstores nationwide: www.rocskincare.com.
Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Crème: The latest addition to Peter Thomas Roth’s ridiculously popular and effective Un-Wrinkle line is a powerful blend of nine anti-aging peptides that are infused into this intensive moisturizing cream. The breakthrough new BoNt-L peptide works in synergy with the Un-Wrinkle blend to reduce the depth of fine lines while increasing youthful elasticity and bounce. This luxurious cream nourishes and soothes skin to provide superior moisturization. Skin is left visibly replenished moisturized and looking years younger. Available at Sephora stores nationwide and www.peterthomoasroth.com
H20+ Aquafirm Weekly Active Foam Mask: Finally a mask that you can see and feel working! This mask starts off as a gel but upon contact with your face, turns into a fabulous, frothy foam. The foam tingles and stimulates the skin, delivering a deep surge of hydration, one you can actually feel! The sea-sourced barrier envelops the skin and immediately firms and plumps to get rid of expression lines and creases. The secret ingredients include Marine Microspheres (plump the appearance of fine lines from within), Sea Nutrient Barrier (a fusion of algae and oat extract for an instant lift) and Brown Sea Kelp (protects skin, supports collagen levels). If you use this product once you’ll have smoother skin, and use it once a week for about 5-8 minutes for enviable, young-looking skin, and did I mention it’s fun?! Available at H2O stores nationwide and www.h20plus.com.