Posts Tagged ‘Sephora’
Thursday, March 24th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
Summer is around the corner (it is, just ignore the snow/hail some cities got tonight), but as the warmer weather approaches, you’ll want to continue to fight fine lines and winkles, but with lighter skincare formulas. When the heat is on, you don’t want to worry about that lotion or cream you put on in the morning giving you extra shine or melting your makeup off. Here are our picks for anti-aging skincare for the summer, all available starting this month!
- NEUTROGENA Rapid Wrinkle Repair Line: A trio of moisturizers (day, night and an eye cream), that gently delivers the most advanced form of Retinol. Accelerated Retinol SA will smooth wrinkles and diminish the appearance of age spots. Glucose Complex helps to boost the Retinol SA to quickly diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and Hyaluronic Acid moisturizes, replenishes and rejuvenates the look of skin. At $20 each, these products are not only cost-effective, but they’ll deliver results in just one week!
- NEUTROGENA Healthy Skin Firming Cream: A daily firming moisturizer with multi-vitamins, minerals and broad-spectrum SPF 15 (that isn’t a heavy formula), to help protect against daily sun damage ($12).
- NEUTROGENA Healthy Skin Compact Foundation SPF 55 w/ Helioplex: A lightweight cream foundation that provides flawless coverage. The SPF and antioxidant-infused formula helps to protect and nourish skin. Clinically proven to deliver 2.5 times more protection than typical makeup with SPF protection and retain 96% of UVA protection after 5-hours of simulated solar radiation. Functional foundation, we’re sold ($14).
The makers of everyone’s favorite mineral makeup line, bareMinerals, have created a skincare line! The line of cleansers, moisturizers and treatments feature bareMineral’s proprietary miracle ingredient RareMinerals ActiveSoil Complex, which is clinically proven to deliver brighter, younger-looking skin all while providing that coveted glow bareMinerals products are famous for.
- bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Cream for Dry Skin: Improves firmness, elasticity and skin texture while delivering moisture to dry skin. Antioxidants protect skin from the environment leaving skin soft, smooth and luminous ($28).
- bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Cream for Combination Skin: A lightweight moisturizer that hydrates skin while improving firmness, elasticity, radiance and texture. The perfect amount of hydration for combination skin. Protects skin from harsh environmental elements keeping skin healthy and youthful ($28).
The badgals at Benefit also launched a skincare line called B.right Radiant skincare. This collection consists of nine products intended to brighten and rehydrate the skin and includes two facial washes, a facial polish, facial emulsion (with SPF 15), a heavier facial moisturizer, an eye cream, toning lotion, makeup remover and facial mist all of which will be launching in two parts.
- Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion with SPF 15: Uses Tri-Radiance complex to bring hydration to the skin and then helps skin to develop long-term reserves of water for generously moisturized skin. The best part, the complex lacks any oils and includes SPF, perfect for sensitive or acne-prone skin the hydration it needs this spring/summer ($28).
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011
By: Erin Brady
Some people think it’s crazy that I regularly use sunless tanners, especially in the winter, but truth be told, I hate looking pale! If you walk into your neighborhood pharmacy, Sephora or a department store, you’ll find countless products that promise that enviable “bronzed glow,” yet you, like most, are probably skeptical to apply these yourself. Self tanning may be an art form in it’s own right, but we’ve compiled some of the best tips and top products you can use to achieve a perfect subtle sheen, sans-salon and that hefty price-tag.
1. Smooth, even skin is the first step to a flawless glow, so remember to exfoliate before you apply the treatment. Use a gentle scrub on your face to eliminate any rough patches. A Clarisonic works amazing for this, but an exfoliating cleanser is also great, try: Juice Beauty Exfoliating Cleanser. If you are tanning your body, exfoliate in the shower with scrub like Softsoap Body Butter Scrub in Coconut.
2. If you are tanning your face, choose a formula that’s made for the face. Our favorite is Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanning. We found the cream easy to apply evenly, just put on as you would lotion, down to your neck area and up to the hairline. For the body, try a towelette to ensure you get the formula on quickly, evenly and don’t have to worry about a goopy gel. Our favorite are Tantowel Towelettes or Kate Somerville Somerville360 Tanning Towelette.
3. To accentuate your glow, use a large powder brush to dust bronzer on cheeks, nose, temples and décolletage. A pop of pink or coral cream blush on the apples of your cheeks will give you a natural sun-kissed complexion. Try NARS Cream Blush in Cactus Flower.
4. More mature skin may benefit from a formula that includes both a self tanner, SPF and anti-aging ingredients to reduce signs of fatigue and refresh your complexion. Try Lancome Flash Brozner Anti-Age Self-Tanning Face Lotion SPF 15.
Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010
by Kimmie Smith
We all know about Monopoly and although the classic is phenom, we have seen it partnering with a number of brands from Star Wars, Hello Kitty, colleges and so much more. Is it any wonder that our childhood game is now branded with one of our fave beauty sites/stores? We’re beyond thrilled about Monopoly Sephora Edition.
You can now get sent to Jail for Bad Hair Days and take in as much of the Sephora beauty empire that you possibly can in this fun game in its latest edition. What a fun twist to a classic and the board looks pretty much like you would expect! Check it out for yourself!
Monday, November 29th, 2010
by Kimmie Smith
Are all lotions the same? We would say no. The lotions that are meant for the body has a nice thick consistency and is meant as an all over solution to soft skin. Hand creams also have another consistency but it is essential to think about having a foot cream which is always an unexpected treat for your pieds as you step from one place to another.
There are various lotions out there which are perfect for the everyday or when you do at home pedis or simply need to soak your feet. Whether you’re all about staying within your preferred line or looking to try something different, there are a number of options and aromas that you’ll enjoy getting to know! Of course if you’re going with foot lotion, also consider scrubs that focus on this portion of your body as well! Take a peek at Sephora to see what is available.
Wednesday, November 24th, 2010
by Kimmie Smith
Euphoria is supposed to be a feeling or a state that is on a whole other level – in a positive way. We liken it to the feeling you get after an amazing massage where nothing can bring you down for the next hour or so. Now, if that feeling could be bottled, then you would have, Calvin Klein’s Euphoria which is described as a an intoxicating, mysterious beauty with an air of not only seduction but transparent desire. It is a light, delicate scent with oriental notes such as sicilian bergamot which is a luscious component. Let’s not forget the lotus blossom and sandalwood which creates an earthy and dry smell that is popular in various scents.
Tuesday, November 16th, 2010
by Kimmie Smith
You’re not the only one thinking the question of the day “What will the royal wedding look like?” Whether you get your news from the paper or Twitter, it’s on everyone’s tongue. There are so many questions, what will she wear, who will be there and of course there are comparisons being drawn to Lady Di’s wedding. Without getting too off topic, I remember when Lady Di got married and will never forget how long her train was and how massive the wedding looked!
So back to the topic at hand, if you were going to be at this wedding or any of the events leading up to it, what would you wear and what would be your make up moment? I would imagine that there would be a number of teas leading up to the big event and with the monarchy having their own Twitter account, I know we will all be glued to it! If you get an invite, I have to say that you should definitely head over to two of my fave sites as a base of any shopping experience – Sephora and ShopBop!