Posts Tagged ‘SPF’
Friday, June 17th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
Everyone has a young person in their life that they worry about, a cousin, niece, nephew, grandkid, or daughter, and this summer there’s a new product line to ensure you don’t have to worry about them going out in the sun. Sunbow is pleased to announce the launch of a unique, kid-friendly product line that brings fun to the SPF routine. Sunbow was born from a father’s desire to keep his daughter cheerful when applying sunscreen.
Sunbow features proprietary formulas with natural ingredients, this new collection takes sun care to new heights as it allows children to enjoy outdoor activities as well as the prep for them. Animated characters from Nickelodeon’s popular series Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob SquarePants grace the front of the Sunbow sprays, tubes and sun sticks, to get children excited about the application process. Offering colorful shades like bright yellow, pink and sky blue shade, kids will have fun lathering up.
Sunbow offers seven products formulated with micronized Zinc Oxide formulas to provide a strong UVA/UVB barrier, without chemicals such as Oxybenzone or Octinoxate found in other brands. Though Sunbow Sunscreen goes on a color, it’s guaranteed to dry clear to not miss a spot. The collection includes:
- Sunbow Zinc Oxide Cream: SPF 30 – Dora the Explorer (pink formula) and SpongeBob SquarePants (yellow formula) $12.99
- Sunbow Sunscreen Spray: SPF 30 – SpongeBob SquarePants (yellow formulas), Dora the Explorer (pink and blue formulas) $9.99
- Sunbow Sun Stick: SPF 45 – SpongeBob SquarePants (yellow formula) and Dora the Explorer (pink formulas) $7.99
Sunbow products are available at www.sunbowsunscreen.com and www.drugstore.com.
For adults that want Oxybenzone Free Sun Care due to recent health concerns, try a natural brand like Kiss My Face, who has sun care with mineral sun blocking agents and botanicals to enhance skin protecting benefits. Kiss My Face sun care products offer UVA and UVB protection with water resistant formulas that are free of parabens, fragrance and artificial color.
- Sun Spray Lotion SPF 30 ($15.95): Easy to apply spray that delivers full protection
- Sun Screen with Oat Protein Complex SPF 18 ($11.95) and SPF 30 ($12.95): Oat protein reduces sunburn and smoothes wrinkles
- Face Factor SPF 30 and SPF 50 for Face & Neck ($12.95): Anti-aging formula
Kiss My Face products are available at www.kissmyface.com and Whole Foods Stores.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
Summer is around the corner (it is, just ignore the snow/hail some cities got tonight), but as the warmer weather approaches, you’ll want to continue to fight fine lines and winkles, but with lighter skincare formulas. When the heat is on, you don’t want to worry about that lotion or cream you put on in the morning giving you extra shine or melting your makeup off. Here are our picks for anti-aging skincare for the summer, all available starting this month!
- NEUTROGENA Rapid Wrinkle Repair Line: A trio of moisturizers (day, night and an eye cream), that gently delivers the most advanced form of Retinol. Accelerated Retinol SA will smooth wrinkles and diminish the appearance of age spots. Glucose Complex helps to boost the Retinol SA to quickly diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and Hyaluronic Acid moisturizes, replenishes and rejuvenates the look of skin. At $20 each, these products are not only cost-effective, but they’ll deliver results in just one week!
- NEUTROGENA Healthy Skin Firming Cream: A daily firming moisturizer with multi-vitamins, minerals and broad-spectrum SPF 15 (that isn’t a heavy formula), to help protect against daily sun damage ($12).
- NEUTROGENA Healthy Skin Compact Foundation SPF 55 w/ Helioplex: A lightweight cream foundation that provides flawless coverage. The SPF and antioxidant-infused formula helps to protect and nourish skin. Clinically proven to deliver 2.5 times more protection than typical makeup with SPF protection and retain 96% of UVA protection after 5-hours of simulated solar radiation. Functional foundation, we’re sold ($14).
The makers of everyone’s favorite mineral makeup line, bareMinerals, have created a skincare line! The line of cleansers, moisturizers and treatments feature bareMineral’s proprietary miracle ingredient RareMinerals ActiveSoil Complex, which is clinically proven to deliver brighter, younger-looking skin all while providing that coveted glow bareMinerals products are famous for.
- bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Cream for Dry Skin: Improves firmness, elasticity and skin texture while delivering moisture to dry skin. Antioxidants protect skin from the environment leaving skin soft, smooth and luminous ($28).
- bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Cream for Combination Skin: A lightweight moisturizer that hydrates skin while improving firmness, elasticity, radiance and texture. The perfect amount of hydration for combination skin. Protects skin from harsh environmental elements keeping skin healthy and youthful ($28).
The badgals at Benefit also launched a skincare line called B.right Radiant skincare. This collection consists of nine products intended to brighten and rehydrate the skin and includes two facial washes, a facial polish, facial emulsion (with SPF 15), a heavier facial moisturizer, an eye cream, toning lotion, makeup remover and facial mist all of which will be launching in two parts.
- Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion with SPF 15: Uses Tri-Radiance complex to bring hydration to the skin and then helps skin to develop long-term reserves of water for generously moisturized skin. The best part, the complex lacks any oils and includes SPF, perfect for sensitive or acne-prone skin the hydration it needs this spring/summer ($28).
Wednesday, March 16th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
Cindy Barshop, owner of Completely Bare Spa, aka the mecca of hair removal, gives her tips on how to prep your beauty routine for spring:
- Slather on SPF: “You should always wear sunscreen, even in the winter and especially now that the weather is changing. Steer clear of long-lasting or sport formulas that usually contain thick, pore-clogging oils and instead, invest in a few good face sunscreens that works for you. I’ve been known to use the baby SPF I carry around for my girls as it’s oil-free, gentle, and the formula is thin enough to mix in with your daily moisturizer.”
- Get Your Beauty Sleep: “Swap heavy creams for lighter serums. Most serums are hydrating, water-based formulas that won’t leave skin too slick. My favorite tip: Add a power shot of serum to your night lotion for anti-aging and hydration.”
- Feet First: “My favorite at-home remedy to cure dry heels: zap your favorite foot cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds, apply directly to the feet, and cover them up with socks. Try this before you go to bed and wake up with the softest feet.”
- Nail Call: “Switch out your cool, dark polish for something softer. I trade in OPI’s Black Satin for Essie’s Mademoiselle. If you’re not a pink girl, I recommend going with a taupe like OPI’s You Don’t Know Jacques.”
- Hot Hair Color: “Eva Scrivo from the Eva Scrivo salon tells her clients to transition their hairstyle from season to season. She suggests making your hair color a few shades lighter. If you are a brunette and don’t like the look of caramel colored highlights, go red! I do a glaze and put some red in my hair so that it’s not too obvious but looks shinier with a reddish tint.
- And of course, Hair Removal: “We’ve had our fair share of single digit temperatures this winter but before you know it we will be wearing bikinis, cutoffs, and sundresses. I recommend laser hair removal for those who are affected day-to-day by ingrown hairs and irritation from shaving. Ingrown hairs took over my life until I began to laser. Take it from my personal experiences – if you have extremely coarse and dark hair go for a consultation to talk through your expectations – you could get rid of those ingrowns for good!”
Saturday, February 19th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
Looking to escape the brutally cold weather this winter? Yeah, so are we, but as you plan your mid-winter breaks to Florida, the Caribbean or any other hot spot, be sure you go prepared with superior sun protection that will ensure you can have fun in the sun without getting fried. Just in time for resort season, the skincare experts at Aveeno and Neutrogena have some fab new products that will make your time outdoors all the more pleasant:
For ocean lovers:
- AVEENO® HYDROSPORT™ SUNBLOCK
Formulated with first-to-market, waterproof technology that adheres directly to wet skin, to protect it from harmful UVA/UVB rays. Powered by ACTIVE NATURALS® Lotus Wax, which is as gentle on the skin, as it is powerful against the sun, this innovation provides naturally-derived water repelling technology for long-lasting broad- spectrum coverage. So whether skin is wet, dry, active or sensitive, AVEENO® HYDROSPORT™ SUNBLOCKS will deliver long-lasting, waterproof protection. Comes in a spray SPF 55 and 85 and a lotion SPF 85.
- NEUTROGENA® Wet Skin Sunblock Spray
Specifically designed to adhere to and protect wet skin, dampened by swimming, sweating or humid weather. Formulated with Helioplex technology to provide broad-spectrum sun protection in wet or sweaty conditions, Wet Skin is proven to provide full strength protection and it comes in an SPF 30, 55 and 85 and a Kids SPF of 70+.
For fair or sensitive skin beach goers:
- AVEENO® NATURAL PROTECTION™ SUNBLOCK
As mild as water, AVEENO® NATURAL PROTECTION SUNBLOCK line is derived from 100% naturally-sourced sunscreen ingredients and delivers exceptional coverage. This fragrance-free, waterproof, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and oil-free collection is specially designed to provide powerful sun protection to highly sensitive skin. The combination of MINERALBLOCK™ Technology, ACTIVE NATURALS® OAT and Rice Starch, delivers long-lasting, effective protection, so skin can feel safe in the sun. Natural Protection comes in a Baby Sunblock stick of SPF 50, Baby Sunblock lotion of SPF 30 and Adult Sunblock Lotion of SPF 30.
All of these products are available now at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide.
Monday, November 22nd, 2010
by Kimmie Smith
Wherever you are in the country, this time of year begins to get our wheels turning about going away on a little vacation for some fun and sun! It’s something about the holiday season and all the planning where you feel that you need to recharge your batteries. For those of us that have been dealing with declining temperatures, we dream of any sunny oasis that we can get to. The issue is that we still need to think about the same things that we would think about during the summer.
This means that we still need to take care of our skin no matter what from having SPF to also cooling our skin down if it has been exposed a little too much. I am a huge fan of the entire Korres product line an dlove that their Cooling Yogurt Gel does exactly what you think it would do. After hanging out in SoBe, Capri or your preferred hot spot – you don’t have to worry that your skin will be unable to get the relief that it desperately needs. This is a must to take on any trip regardless of where you opt to go for sure!