Posts Tagged ‘summer hair’
Monday, July 25th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
The humidity during the summer wreaks havoc on your hair, whether you’re prone to frizz or not. Fight unruly frizz and sun damage this summer with help from the experts that brought you the world’s first-ever frizz-fighting serum: John Frieda Frizz-Ease. Countless women rely on Frizz-Ease Hair Serum to help fight frizz – in fact, a bottle of the serum is sold every 15 seconds! With three different formulas to choose from – Original Formula, Extra-Strength, and Thermal Protection – there’s a solution for every frizz type. Also, each bottle is small enough to throw into your beach bag, which is perfect as you should apply the serum to wet hair! Take your pick this summer, and combat frizz with Frizz-Ease Hair Serum to get sleek, flawless style:
- Frizz-Ease® Hair Serum Thermal Protection Formula – This formula is the ultimate way to protect hair from the damage that causes frizz and color-fading – namely, hair dryers, flat irons and, most importantly for summer, UV exposure. It contains a Thermal Shield Complex, and promotes smoothing in order to help prevent future frizz that can stem from heat and UV damage. In addition, it leaves hair silky and with vibrant, enviable shine.
- Frizz-Ease® Hair Serum Original Formula – This blockbuster formula began the Frizz-Ease® phenomenon to transform moderate frizz and flyaways. Original Formula Hair Serum is formulated with Seaweed Extract and promotes smoothing. With continued use, this formula actually helps to prevent future frizz from forming.
- Frizz-Ease® Hair Serum Extra-Strength Formula – Designed for unruly, coarse hair, this formula contains Seaweed Extract and Silk Protein, known to condition and smooth hair. Over time, the use of this formula has the remarkable ability to help prevent future frizz.
- For those with naturally curly and coarse hair, Quidad has THE products for you this summer. The perfect way to achieve sexy, controlled hair is with Ouidad PlayCurl Volumizing Foam. This moisture rich foaming liquid provides a long lasting dose of high impact volume that puts you in full control of your mane. An advanced blend of arnica flower extract, pro vitamin B5, and volumizing polymers give your tresses terrific shine and manageability. The Ouidad PlayCurl Volumizing Foam is available for $22 at Ouidad.com.
Tuesday, July 19th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
If you haven’t done so already, it’s time to kiss the flat irons and blow dryers goodbye! Summer is all about letting loose and playing up natural beauty, even celebs let their locks run wild in the summer. A wide array of affordable products from CURLS, The Jane Carter Solution, Shea Moisture, Miss Jessie’s and Umberto Beverly Hills are now available at Target, allowing every girl to keep her cool during the hottest summer months.
- Keep it Curly and Cool: The heat and humidity of the summer is every curly girl’s worst nightmare. Keep curls looking lush and frizz-free like Alicia Keys and Anna Lynne McCord with CURLS Goddess Curl Gel ($7.99). Using a deep conditioner like Miss Jessie’s Super Sweetback Treatment ($48) will help to repair and quench dry, thirsty curls.
- Laid Back, Pulled Back: A simple way to keep hair looking fabulous this summer is to wear it up. Celebs like Diane Kruger, Minka Kelly and Heidi Klum are rocking every style from loose ponytails to braids to slicked backed buns. The Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner ($8.99) works to seal in humectants and keep fly-aways in control. Umberto Beverly Hills Controller ($8.99) adds shine and manageability without weighing hair down.
- Ride the Wave: The edgy, rocker chick look is easy to sport during the summer months and great for girls with natural wave. Shea Moisture Yucca & Aloe Volumizing Shampoo ($9.99) gives hair extra body much like the styles sported by Kristin Stewart and Kate Hudson. Umberto Dry Clean Dry Shampoo ($8.99) can be used mid-day to give roots an extra lift while cleansing away oil and grease.
Thursday, May 26th, 2011
by Kori Ellis
Summer is almost here and with it comes hot, sticky weather that can damage your hair or at least, cause bad hair days. To keep your hair looking its best, consider these hair tips, product suggestions and styling ideas from Zahir Ziani, the National Creative Director at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spas.
Don’t touch! – Playing with or touching your hair can loosen the style out of its shape, creating friction, which causes the hair to expand and increases frizz and volume.
Be cool – Skip blow drying your hair and styling with heated tools. The heat can damage hair cuticles and cause more frizz.
Go long – When temperatures and humidity are at their highest, control your hair by keeping it long and heavy. The trick I use with all my clients is adding in curl to the ends so hair becomes “anchored” or weighed down.
Accept change – The texture of your hair can fluctuate with the seasons, so the products you use in winter may not be effective for smoothing hair and taming frizz in the summer. The Kerastase BAIN OLÉO-RELAX is a perfect summertime beauty essential!
Wear SPF – Hair, like skin, needs protection from harmful UV exposure. Look for hair care brands that offer sun protection in their products, with a minimum of SPF 15. Like with your skin, use hair care products formulated with antioxidant vitamins (A, C, E) to prevent against free radical damage. Also try taking a vitamin supplement for hair and nails during this time of year.
Bounce-back – Use fabric-wrapped elastics; they are gentle on your hair and less likely to cause breakage. If you only wear non-metal elastics, do not wrap them around your hair more than twice. Before you go to bed, remove any elastic gently, as it can tangle hair during the night.
More hair tips
7 New rules for sexy hair
Get this rockabilly updo
Find the best hairstyle
Kori Ellis is an editor and writer based in San Antonio, TX, where she lives with her husband and three children. Kori has been published in dozens of magazines, newspapers and websites worldwide, writing about everything from fashion to fantasy sports.
Monday, April 25th, 2011
By: Erin Brady
April showers and summer humidity have nothing on your hair now, thanks to the NEW TRESemmé Climate Control Collection, which helps you to achieve gorgeous, salon quality hair every day no matter what Mother Nature throws your way! Formulated with Climate Control Complex, which contains olive oil, keratin, UV blockers and polymers, it creates a barrier between your hair and the elements, specifically humidity, UV rays, static and wind. The collection includes a shampoo, conditioner, mousse and finishing spray, each at an affordable price of $4.29.
TRESemmé gives women access to our stylists’ secrets so you can get beautiful salon quality hair every day at home. Visit www.TRESemmé.com for professional styling tips, advice and information on how to complete any look with salon beautiful hair.
- TRESemmé Climate Control Shampoo: Formulated with the Climate Control Complex, gently cleanses and strengthens hair, while prepping it for deep conditioning.
- TRESemmé Climate Control Conditioner: Formulated with the Climate Control Complex, smoothes the hair cuticle, improves shine, softness, and manageability.
- TRESemmé Climate Control Mousse: Creates volume, continuous shape and hold while keeping hair glossy and smooth, even in high humidity.
- TRESemmé Climate Control Finishing Spray: Shields your style against the weather and keeps hair looking vibrant and healthy for soft, touchable hold all day long.
- TRESemmé products are available at food, drug and mass market retailers nationwide.